Wednesday, November 29, 2006

'Tis I!

I've been meaning to do a blog that's just me for the longest time! All the stuff that doesn't really fit into any of the other areas. I read a book once - was it Doris Lessing? It baffled me at the time. I was just a teenager. Long before the days of blogging.

In this book, she separated herself into four different notebooks. Ah. Here it is. The Golden Notebook. I couldn't at all grasp how she could write this way. Reading the sections separately was such a strange experience for me. It was so difficult to piece together one person when you could only read one section at a time. Well, being a sequential kind of person, that's how I read it, anyway. Now I know you can cheat and skip around so I might reread it like that some day.

But my blog has definitely become that, as has my life. I see it now. There are pieces of me that are fragmented. I carry that I am a mother with me into everything I do but other pieces are held up one at a time. It's a strange way to be, really. Not real, somehow.

No comments: